Saturday, September 12, 2020

Fearless

My name is Nick Carver and I have a superpower.Be jealous. Be very, very jealous. I’ve only begun to touch the edges of the power lying coiled inside of me. No one knows what I’m capable of. Of how far I can go, least of all me. That should scare me but it doesn’t because let’s be honest, nothing does.Not even the fact that I’m dying. Again.She saved me once before, I have every faith she can save us all now. If there’s one thing in this world I wholeheartedly believe in, it’s Alex.You’re probably wondering how we got here. How we went from a frozen island halfway between Russia and a polar bear’s butt to this deadly tropical paradise in French Polynesia. How we formed our gang of misfit, pissed-off superheroes that got us here. How after everything we’ve been through I’ve ended up right back where I started – gasping my last breathes alone in the cold. I’ll gladly tell you, but listen close. Pay attention. I don’t have a lot of time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reset (Dystopian & Apocalyptic)

A young man with a terrible secret buried deep in his chest staggers through what remains of the American South. The destruction is total—t...